About Health, Safety and Environment Services
To integrate a safe, healthy and environmentally responsible culture into the working and learning experience at the University of British Columbia.
In actively supporting the University of British Columbia’s vision as described in TREK 2010 and the People Plan, and in order to achieve the mission of the Department of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE), we will:
- Respect the privacy of all and be sensitive to the diversity of culture and ability in the selection, design, implementation, maintenance and evaluation of HSE programs.
- Demonstrate a fundamental commitment towards providing and maintaining a safer, healthier and more environmentally responsible workplace.
- View challenges as opportunities for creativity and innovation by seeking input, accepting feedback and applying new learning.
- Provide challenging work for staff and support their professional growth in an environment that fosters pride and excellence in their work.
- Assist clients in understanding, integrating and implementing health, safety and environmental principles into the workplace culture.
- Demonstrate integrity and transparency in our work.
- Be accountable for developing and delivering effective, ethical, timely and value-added solutions with and for our clients.