All members of the UBC Okanagan Community are encouraged to review the content found at ok.ubc.ca/COVID19
On this page:
Please click here for a summary of infection control considerations that represent the layers of protection as outlined by Public Health.
Working safely on campus
While working on campus, health and safety guidance must be followed at all times, this is unaffected by the situation caused by COVID-19:
- Always follow safe working procedures, current processes, and health and safety guidance for your role.
- To find relevant safe working procedures speak to your manager or member of the HSE team.
- If you encounter a situation that appears to have an elevated risk of contact with COVID-19, leave the area immediately and contact your supervisor for assistance.
- If your staff member reports an elevated risk to you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for next steps.
Infection Control Consultations
Members of the Health, Safety & Environment and the Campus Health team are available to provide safe working consultations, either in person or online, and help to develop COVID-19 safety plans. Please contact email@example.com to request support.
It’s always important to ensure you are working safely, whether on campus or remotely.
- HSE Ergonomics and Virtual Ergo Assessments
- UBC HR Ergonomics Guide to Working from home
- UBC HR guide to Telecommuting
- UBC Broadcast – Secure Remote Working
- Please click here for guidance, tools and resources designed to support the safety of UBC community members who are traveling and performing field work.