Taking care of your personal health and wellbeing is more important than ever. Staying positive and taking a proactive approach to keeping yourself mentally and physically healthy can make a difference.
Here are some resources to help guide you:
- The UBC Student Assistance Program (SAP) is a free, 24/7 wellness resource available to UBC students anywhere in the world and offered in more than 180 languages.
- The Wellness Centre: Online provides access to self-care modules and resources offered in Canvas specifically for UBC Okanagan students.
- Student counselling and mental health: Information and resources available to students through campus Health and Wellness.
Student Counselling Services
- UBCO counsellors are available for virtual and telephone appointments. Please call 250 807 9270 to schedule an online appointment.
- All students have access to free, confidential counselling and community referral services through Here2Talk.
Faculty & Staff Resources
- Make your mental health a priority: Consider ways to support your mental health and resilience.
- Access the Employee and Family Assistance Program: a confidential and voluntary counselling support service for you and your family.
- Use UBC Extended Health Benefits to reimburse some or all of the cost of many-health care services that are not covered by BC’s Medical Services Plan.
- Discover services, programs, and resources available to support mental health and wellbeing in your workplace.
- Explore resources from LifeWorks on a variety of topics including managing concerns and anxieties and talking to your child about life after the pandemic.
- Subscribe to the Healthy UBC Newsletter
- Follow the online ergonomics guide offered by Health, Safety and Environment to help minimize injuries and enhance productivity while working from home.
- Wellbeing in the Workplace: a self-paced course offered by UBC Wellbeing.
- Healthy Workplace Initiatives Program: a UBC HR program that encourages employee health and wellbeing.
- Check the UBC Okanagan events calendar for wellness workshops and activities.
Additional UBC Resources
- Participate in free virtual fitness classes led by UBC Okanagan instructors each week.
- Get active at home with tips and resources from UBC Recreation.
- Remember the Thrive 5: Support and foster your mental health while observing physical distancing.