Ergo Rep Training
The next course is scheduled to begin on the following date(s).
|TBD||10am – noon||Art 276|
|Course Instructor:||Jason McLeod|
|Cost:||No cost to campus community|
Become an Ergo Rep and help improve well-being and boost productivity in your department by improving computer workstation ergonomics. Ergo Reps are trained by the department of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) to perform basic computer workstation assessments. Learn how to set-up a computer workstation, identify signs and symptoms associated with poor ergonomics and learn control strategies to reduce or prevent musculoskeletal symptoms. Add this valuable skill to your tool belt and become your department’s in-house ergonomics resource person.
When your department adds new employees or when existing employees change workstations you will be there to ensure they start off on the right foot with an ergonomically sound workstation. If employees report discomfort or pain be the one to identify if their workstation may be contributing to their symptoms. Of course, the HSE Associate will still be there as resource to you and is always available to help with more complicated ergonomic issues and privacy concerns.
What you will learn:
- How to adjust a chair to fit the user
- How to position the keyboard/mouse correctly
- How to position the monitor(s) correctly
- How to create efficient desk space
- How to improve work design and organization
- How to identify posture related stresses
- How to recognize signs and symptoms of musculoskeletal Injury (MSI)