Disaster Response Plan
UBC Okanagan’s Disaster Response Plan identifies lines of authority, critical responsibilities, key responders and essential resources. The plan will be tested annually through campus-wide emergency scenarios. It is supplemented with departmental fire and safety plans, business continuity plans and other operational resiliency measures.
In the event of a large-scale emergency occurring on campus, the University will activate the UBCO Disaster Response Plan and its Emergency Operations Centre to coordinate campus and community response as well as recovery activities.
Click here for more information on Emergency Procedures and information.
HSE’s Emergency Planning Responsibilities
- Development and continuous improvement of the UBC O Disaster Response Plan
- Development and continuous improvement of the effectiveness of the UBC O Emergency Operations Centre (EOC)
- Development of Emergency Response Teams (ERTs)
- Assistance in developing departmental fire and safety plans
- Development of an Emergency Social Services Program for the UBC O community
- Development of departmental and campus-wide business continuity plans and other operational resiliency measures. For guidance, see Business Continuity Plan Template
- Initial and refresher training for new/ongoing EOC members
- Presentation and coordination of emergency warden recruitment and training
- Coordination of other emergency preparedness-related training for departments and other groups
- Design, administration and coordination of the annual campus-wide EOC exercise